ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE
This course is designed to give practical teaching experience with an active SDI instructor.
1) Act as a divemaster.
2) Teach and certify students in the Skin Diver course
3) Conduct Inactive Diver/Refresher course
4) Conduct the Knowledge Quest review in the Open Water course under the guidance of an active SDI instructor.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Class duration 12 hours
Leadership skills; i.e. 800 skin dive swim, skin dive ditch and don, scuba ditch and don, rescue skills
Dives: minimum 10
Minimum age of 18 years old
Minimum of 40 logged dives
Rescue diver certification including O2 administration
Current medical examination
1) Basic scuba equipment: BC, tank, regulator with octopus, gauges, and exposure suit
2) Compass, knife, bottom timer, and two dive lights
3) Save a dive kit
4) Basic tools for minor equipment maintenance
6) Required equipment for rescue class
7) Additional equipment listed in the standards
Your headquarters for both recreational and technical diving !
3259 Coral Ridge Rd
Brooks, KY 40109