DIVEMASTER COURSE This course is a requirement for advancement to instructor level training. The Divemaster program is designed to develop the skills and knowledge to lead certified divers in the open water environment. Upon successful completion of the course candidates may;
1) Assist an active SDI instructor during approved diving courses provided that the activities are similar to the graduate's prior training.
2) Supervise and conduct dives for certified divers provided that the activities are similar to the graduate's prior training.
WHAT TO EXPECTClass duration 40 hours
Minimum of 5 briefs / debriefs
Leadership skills; i.e. 800 yd. skin dive swim, skin dive ditch and don, scuba ditch and don, rescue skills
Dives: minimum 10
PREREQUISITESMinimum age of 18 years old
Minimum of 40 logged dives
Master diver certification
Rescue diver certification including O2 administration
Current medical examination
1) Basic scuba equipment: BC, tank, regulator with octopus, gauges, and exposure suit
2) Compass, knife, bottom timer, and two dive lights
3) Save a dive kit
4) Basic tools for minor equipment maintenance
6) Required equipment for rescue class
7) Additional equipment as listed in the standards
Your headquarters for both recreational and technical diving !
3259 Coral Ridge Rd
Brooks, KY 40109